|Bundler-PMVS2 Dense Point Cloud Visualization in Meshlab|
The basic steps to turn a bunch of picture into a 3D model are
- Run Bundler which estimates camera positions based on matching keypoints between pictures.
I had to make some minor tweaks that are not documented on the main sites, but are out on the interwwebs: slight source code modification, add executable permissions
- Run CVMS (in the case of a large number of pictures) which clusters views so that the dense reconstruction can be accomplished efficiently in parallel.
- Run PVMS-2
- Import the ply file created by pvms2 into meshlab
- Calculate normals for the point cloud and run Poisson surface reconstruction; transfer point colors to the new mesh.
- To Do: get the latest meshlab and try raster layer projection onto the mesh